We’re frustrated by market research that isn’t insightful or actionable
Our expertise in the area of emotions is being used by brands right now to address consumer responses to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What differentiates us?
We specialize in applying psychological frameworks and using emotions to understand consumer behavior. Through years of experience and research, we’ve learned that consumers don’t think their way through the marketplace; they feel their way to purchasing.
How we do this?
We collect and analyze emotional experience and expression through self-reported measures, facial expressions, and body language. We have a framework for identifying and analyzing the emotions brands evoke in consumers. And we leverage these insights in qualitative and quantitative work.
Questions we’ve answered for our clients.
- What determines customer loyalty and switching behavior?
- Should we invest in a potential new business acquisition?
- How can we extend our current brands to new products and services?
- What is the size of a current or potential market?
- What new products are likely to generate the most potential revenue for us?
- What should we communicate about new products and services to ensure their success after launch?
- What are the current unmet needs of our customers?
- How do our customers experience our products and services?
- What are the market segments and how do they differ?
- What changes do current products / services need to increase revenue?
- What are consumers’ perceptions of our current or new advertising and will it drive consideration / purchase of our product?
To be rescheduled
The Quirks Event (Chicago)
At the event, Anne will present:
The secret ingredient in the emotional connection to brands: How brands make people feel about themselves
Emotions are a key part of purchasing, but exactly how do they work? We have previously shared a model of the feelings that lead to purchasing and loyalty. Additional research we’ve conducted has determined that the feelings brands create within us further explain the emotional connection people have with brands and the reasons these feelings lead to purchasing and loyalty. We will share our model and the specific feelings about the self that are most predictive.